Saturday, July 25, 2009

will this turn into a veg*an food blog?

OH NOES! ATTACK OF THE VEG*AN FOOD BLOGGZZZZ!!!!!!

*nomnomnom*

We all are dead from ze vicious meat-free food-blog.

So, we all know I can't cook worth a shit. Well, I can make a pretty mean Mack 'n' Cheez (yes, I really did mean to spell it that way.) Bring shells to boil, pour in cheese, and pepper until the cat sneezes (which is super-batman because I don't even own a cat.)

Now, the difference between me and all the aforementioned Food-Bloggers (not that they aren't brilliant in their own right) is that I am a teenager trying to keep up a 4.0 GPA (of course, the mastermind behind Vegan Teen Cuisine is, naturally, a teen.)

I don't have time to sit back and make a four-course meal before school so I can get full at lunch, packed with the nutrients I need.

To tell the truth, I haven't started eating exactly "healthy" yet. But I'm meaning to, starting the First Day of School. And so far, I've had trouble. I've been looking for quick recipes that:

- I can make in the morning,
- That will stay warm until lunchtime, and
- That taste like sweet mouthgasm-y goodness.

And I don't have time to sift through 20-something pages to look for sandwiches and the like. ARGH!

So I've decided to post my own tried-and-true recipes here from time to time, and repost things I like from other sites. Yeah, this blog is going to get huge, remember, I still put up the monthly playlists, occasional nonsense, and the rare "holy-crap-let-me-forward-this-to-everyone-i-know!" inspirational/tearjerking beauty.

And I'm going to segue to the meat-talking business.

I effing hate bacon.

This segue happened because I happened on Vegan Teen Cuisine and something very, very bad happened *shudder*. She made BACON COOKIES (no pigs were harmed in the baking of this DISASTER, but many, many Lindseys were. . .)

Bacon is fruitless (and I'm not talkin' grapefruit here.) Bacon has no purpose. I think I was damaged by the fat pieces on one when I was younger.

I would rather eat 100000000000 tomatoes (another food I hate) than ever, ever touch a piece of bacon.

My dog has a piece of bacon every morning.



Isn't the carnivorous monster just adorable? (Please do not lecture on his eating habits - I have no control, I'm a 15-year-old, REMEMBER?! I would change his diet if I could.)

I've tried and tried, but my pep talks on being a vegetarian are to no avail. He just . . . loves his disgusting bacon.

So, as I've segued enough, I'm gonna end this with: I may post recipes once-or-twenty but overall, this isn't just a Food Blog. 

P.S. I promise to tag those entries with "vegetarian" or "vegan" according to the animal-less-ness of the product.

P.P.S. For those of you wondering what type of Vegetarian I am, I'm a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian. I will never lessen or add to this diet. I eat eggs (not much anymore), I drink milk. I have heavy-duty reasoning and I don't want anyone to try and convert me. I don't do the convert-y thing on anyone . . . except my puppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment