Sunday, July 26, 2009

trials and tribulations of VEGGIES!

Okay, so you already know I'm a Vegetarian. What you don't know is: I hate most veggies, and (most) salads disgust me.

Yeah. I don't like squash, celery, cauliflower . . . okay, I mostly hate everything BUT broccoli, corn, potatoes, and peas. I am a very picky girl, so its more difficult for me to be vegetarian and get full/get the nutrients I need.

But, I'm a very artistic, creative teen. I design clothing, make music videos, write stories, do photography, and a bunch of other stuff. Now, I'm going to make LUNCHES!

In an old-fashioned lunch box, to arrive at a later date. The first project of Veggie Creations will be making my very own metal tin lunch box. That way, no one else in the world has one just like mine. I might invite Avery over and we can do that together, I might get her a plain metal tin lunch box and we can both have them. The won't match, but they'll be twins. Like, uhm, fraternal twins.

Anyway, this was inspired by Katy. She bought an adorable Hello Kitty metal lunch box on our mission trip, and I thought, hmm. If only I were to have a cute little lunch box, I might be motivated to make lunch everyday.

I'll take regular lunch to school for the first week or so, and then when Avery can come over we'll start taking our very own special-designed lunchies. YAYYY!

Now that I've sidetracked once again (I think I have ADD) I'm going to finish talking about said lunches.

I intend upon including plenty of nutrients in each meal. So I'll have to have protein (nuts, beans, or a type of egg), fruits (I prefer pre-sliced fruits in cups and extra light syrup), veggies (the ones I like), dairy (yogurt, cheese, milk, an ingredient in other foods), and grains. Also, water or juice (most often water.) OR MAYBE SOUP! If you can't tell, I love soup.

All of the Food Blogs I have seen are Vegan-oriented. This is mainly a Vegetarian (Lacto-Ovo, at most) Food Blog (but not even a Food Blog at all.) But from time to time, I'll see a Vegan meal that I'll like and use it.

On the completely opposite note, when not stressing out over what to eat, I am being tackled by accusations that my tofu REALLY IS chicken. So, most of my meals will not include "Veggie Meats". From time to time, I'll include these in my lunch box because I have the appetite for a Veggie Burger or Buffalo "Wings".

I'm busy "designing" my very first Back To School lunch, and I intend it to be a "Meats and Cheeses" meal.

Countdown until School (and, resulting lunchie-muchies): 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment